Thursday, October 3, 2013

perspective

As the pitcher makes his way over to pick me up, I can hear my heart beating faster and faster as I get more and more nervous.  I can feel his cold hands tightly grasping me as he waits for the batter to step up to the plate.  I can only watch in fear as the batter takes his practice swings knowing that soon it'll be me he's swinging at and trying to hit.  Finally, the batter is ready and steps up to the plate. At this point not only was my heart racing but the pitchers heart was as well.  As the pitcher winds up and throws me, all i can do is pray every time that it'll be a strike and that i'll land safely into the catchers glove. Unfortunately, that was not the case this time.  I become numb as the bat strikes me.  Bruised and in pain, I go soaring through the air praying that someone will end up catching me so I don't have to feel the pain of smashing against the hard ground.  As I start to fall, I see a father and his son right under me in the crowd reaching up to catch me.  I am very relieved when I end up landing safely into their soft hands.  

No comments:

Post a Comment